Among all other oils, coconut oil is one of the most multifaceted of them all because it can be used for just about anything. In addition to low temperature cooking, coconut oil can also be used for both health and beauty purposes thanks to its saturated fats, antibacterial, and antifungal properties. Did you know that:
- Coconut oil has the highest amount of medium-chain fatty acids. What does that mean? These fats are easily absorbed into the bloodstream during digestion to increase your metabolism and promote energy. Don’t worry, they’re the GOOD kind of fats!
- Coconut oil has been found to be very effective in protecting the body against harmful organisms like bacteria, viruses, worms, mosquitoes, including fungal infections such as several types of Candida.
- When combined with baking soda, coconut oil makes for a great toothpaste due to its antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Being a medium-chain fatty acid, coconut oil increases energy and metabolism and a few spoons a day can help boost weight loss.
- Fat is one of the most crucial elements for hormonal balance, and coconut oil contains lauric acid, which is extremely beneficial for hormonal production and in turn, increases milk production for breastfeeding moms.
- The lauric acid in coconut oil also kills odor-causing bacteria, making it a natural deodorant.
- When mixed with equal parts sugar, coconut oil makes a luxurious body scrub.
- Coconut oil has been shown to promote collagen production and repair the skin cells, therefore, it can be used as a natural moisturizer that does an excellent job of healing cuts, bruises and sunburn.
- Giving regular oil massages to a baby is very beneficial for proper nourishment. Therefore, it is important to choose the right oil! Coconut oil is one of the best choices because it is not only light in texture therefore easily absorbs into the skin, but it also effective in treating sensitive skin and problems like eczema, rashes, patchy skin, dermatitis, and cradle cap thanks to its antioxidants, lauric and Caprylic acid properties.
- Coconut oil makes one of the best natural hair moisturizers and leave-in treatment that can stimulate faster growth, detangle, repair split ends, moisturize the scalp and make dandruff problems disappear.
- While it contains more than 90% saturated fat, which is deemed unhealthy, coconut oil has been considered as heart-healthy because when taken in moderation, it may raise high-density lipoprotein or HDL, which is the good cholesterol.
- Some studies suggest that virgin coconut oil can reduce the risk of type II diabetes and fight insulin resistance or glucose metabolism.
If taking coconut oil raw is not your cup of tea, it is also available in capsule form, which is equally beneficial. At Bundaberg Health Foods, we have many organic coconut products available; including coconut oil of the highest quality, coconut shavings, coconut water and coconut capsules.
SHOP COCONUT PRODUCTS ONLINE
*** Include best-selling products below article